Burned Bread Toaster by Banksy
Stencil your toast
- It's a toaster that makes Banksy prints on your bread
- We don't know how many prints there are, so you could get something like Balloon Girl… or a squiggle
- The ultimate Banksy nod to the DryBreadZ Crew
Stencil your toastBanksy... How do we begin to explain Banksy? Banksy is flawless. He has two Fendi purses and a silver Lexus. We also hear Banksy's hands are insured for $1,000,000. Each. We hear he does car commercials... in Japan. Banksy's favorite movie is Varsity Blues. One time, Banksy met John Stamos on a plane, and he told Banksy that he was pretty. One time Banksy punched us in the face... it was awesome. Okay, so some of that isn't true. We don't know a lot about Banksy because he's so secretive, but we do know he's got a passion for making street art.
But here's something no one but us knew about Banksy until recently: we share another passion - food. Especially toast. So obviously, we collaborated to bring you the best of both worlds: the Burned Bread Toaster by Banksy. Instead of shredding your bread, this toaster will put Banksy's artwork on your toast. But here's the thing. In true Banksy fashion (and keeping with the theme of anti-consumerism), you won't know which print you get until you put your bread in it. He wouldn't even tell us how many different prints were produced. So… like your guess is as good as ours.
As an avid anti-consumerist, Banksy also made a special request for the ad on this particular toaster. He wanted an honest ad with no promises and no marketing spin - just the facts. So, here's the anti-consumerist ad copy we were told to create:
This toaster will not provide you with happiness. It will not fill you with joy. It is a device that warms bread and burns art into it. It has no value. It has no higher purpose. If anything, it will only provide you with a temporary escape from the struggles in your daily life. Because at the end of the day, toast is toast. It's something you eat. And the fact that you can put avocado on it and take pictures of it for validation just means you're part of the problem. But we helped make this toaster possible, so we're part of the problem too.
- Burned Bread Toaster by Banksy
- A ThinkGeek exclusive
- Great for: toast, waffles, English muffins, or unfrosted toaster pastries
- Can hold 2 slices at once
- Multiple heating settings: reheat, defrost, and quickstop
- Adjustable thermostat
- Features a removable crumb tray
- Materials: Stainless Steel
- Power Supply: 110-120V, 60Hz, 570-680W
- Care instructions: Hand wash only
- Ages 16+