Star Wars Darth Vader Clapper
Use your Force Powers
- Let Vader assist you in turning appliances on and off
- Just like using the Force, only with clapping
- Because, really, shouldn't there be clapping when you use the Force?
Long before today's world where every basically appliance comes in a wireless version, there was the original home automation device. A sound-activated outlet controller, the Clapper was basically magic in a world where you had to get up to change the channel on the TV because your folks hadn't gotten a fancy new one with a remote if you didn't want to miss Quantum Leap.
And now, you can use that same retro-futuristic technology to control your appliances with the Force. Plug this Star Wars Darth Vader Clapper into an electrical outlet, and then plug the appliance you want to demonstrate mastery of into the outlet on the base of Vader's helmet. When you clap twice, the outlet will toggle power and turn on or off whatever appliance you've plugged in. (Might we suggest some Star Wars string lights or a Desktop Lightsaber Lamp?) Vader alternates saying "The Force is strong with this one" and "You underestimate the power of the Dark Side." Which, clearly, we do not, seeing as how we're investing in these for all our mood lighting needs.
- Star Wars Darth Vader Clapper
- Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise
- Just like the one from the 80s only with bonus Vader
- Plug your appliance into the receptacle on the base of the clapper, plug the device into a wall outlet, and activate your appliance
- Two sharp claps will toggle power
- (Or a cough. Or your dog's bark.)
- Materials: Flame retardant plastic
- Dimensions: 4" tall x 4" wide x 3" deep (when plugged in)
- Weight: 5 oz.
- Electrical Plug: Type A (American, ungrounded) with one wider pin, 120V ~ 60Hz
- Maximum allowable wattage is 200 (contains a non-replaceable fuse, so don't try and run your A/C unit or your space station off of this)
- Do not use with appliances with a heating element (because surprise fire is bad)