Twinkling Milky Way Skirt
Because you're scintillating
- More than 60 tiny LEDs to make you sparkle
- Battery pack tucks away inside waistband
- A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive!
Our apparel buyers try to design clothing with this in mind. A cute little above-the-knee circle skirt is a always a yes (unless you live in victorian England or in a culture where head-to-toe covering is a must), but what timeless design to put on it? What about our own universe? Well, yes, it's a little different now than it was when Homo sapiens first looked up, but 200,000 years ago they didn't have the awesome tools we have now. This image of the Milky Way was created from data provided by the Hubble Space Telescope, the Spitzer Space Telescope, and the Chandra X-ray Observatory, and we've chosen to make it sparkle using 60 LED wire lights that appear violet through the fabric. With six different modes, these lights let you twinkle however you desire. Or you can turn them off and just enjoy the view. It's a design that's uniquely us as a species, and one that we hope is uniquely you, too.
- Twinkling Milky Way Skirt
- A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive
- Above-the-knee circle skirt made from fabric printed with Great Observatories Unique Views of the Milky Way - a NASA image created from data provided by the Hubble Space Telescope, the Spitzer Space Telescope, and the Chandra X-ray Observatory
- 3 layer skirt: see-thru Milky Way layer, white gauze layer, white liner
- Set the lights to one of 6 modes
- Some assembly required to make the stars twinkle
- White gauze layer has elastic snap tabs to which you attach the lights
- Gauze layer also provides diffusion
- 2 side-seam pockets
- Pocket for battery pack inside waistband
- Grommet with fabric tube hides wiring leading from battery pack
- Over 60 cold white LED wire lights
- (They appear violet through the layers of skirt)
- 2" tall flat-front waist, elastic in back with a zipper
- Materials: 100% polyester Care Instructions: Remove all electronics before cleaning. Machine wash cold. Line dry.
- Batteries: 2 CR2025 (not included)
- With fresh batteries, the lights will remain lit for over 9 hours
- Dimensions: Battery pack measures 1 1/2" tall x 1" wide x 1/4" thick
- Weight: 2 oz. (battery box and LED wire lights)
- Includes 1 skirt, 1 battery box, and 1 web of cold white LED wire lights
- Note: The wires aren't thick like holiday light strands, nor are they delicate enough that they'll break when you sit on them.
- Ages 14+
|Waist||27 - 28 1/2"||29 - 31"||31 1/2 - 34 1/2"||35 - 39"||39 1/2 - 43 1/2"||44 - 48"|
|Length||21 1/2"||22"||22 1/2"||23"||23 1/2"||24"|
Prop 65 Warning: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, please visit www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65.html.