The Princess Bride: A Battle of Wits
It has begun
- Do you know the powder's origin?
- Don't play against a Sicilian!
- Especially when death is on the line!
"The battle of wits has begun," said the man in black. "It ends when you decide and we drink and find out who is right and who is dead."
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride
In truly one of the most classic scenes from The Princess Bride, Vizzini and the Man in Black sit down and face off in a battle of wits. Who will drink the poison? Who will survive? Don't just sit idly by like Princess Buttercup. Dive in and join the battle.
A Battle of Wits, a Princess Bride game, is an exciting game of bluff and double bluff for between two and ten players. A row of goblets sit in the middle of the table, ready to be filled with either wine or poison. Players each take the role of one character but it is only at the very end of a game that they will drink, one from each goblet. During the game, they must play their cards, one each turn, either into the top of a goblet (adding poison or wine to a goblet) or to the bottom of a goblet (bidding on the goblet). Who will fall prey to their enemies and who will eliminate themselves? Only the most intelligent will survive!
- The Princess Bride: A Battle of Wits
- Officially-licensed The Princess Bride merchandise
- For 2-10 players
- Ages 10+
- Play time: 15 minutes
- Mechanic: Auction/Bidding
- Designer: Matthew O'Malley
- 10 Goblet cards
- 10 Character cards
- 82 Wine/Poison cards (7 per player, plus 12 Sicilian cards)
- 1 Time card