Settle your differences by sabotaging your friends
- A perfect game to play with your friends on game night
- Or, in retrospect, it might be more suitable for your enemies
- Get the expansion set (sold separately) to add more players
Settle your differences by sabotaging your friendsCatan is amazing, and we all know it. So, instead of trying to prove it to you, we collected some confessions of the worst things people around our office have ever done to other players during a game of Catan. Here are the best of the worst:
"I don't play to win. I play to make the most excited person at the table lose. It's not that I'm a bad person, I'm just uncomfortable with enthusiasm."
"I like to make someone think they're winning, and then swoop in at the last minute to get all the points. It's the same approach I take in my personal relationships."
"Sometimes I lie about my resources so no one can build anything."
Wow ThinkGeek team…can't wait to play together on Friday!
In Catan, players use the land to collect resources and build roads and new settlements. Collect and trade resources to further your goals and push you toward the lead, or hoard them to prevent others from winning. No game will ever turn out the same way… which is a good thing because some of the players here at ThinkGeek are VICIOUS.
Want to add more people to your game? Check out the Catan expansion.
- For 3-4 players
- Ages 10+
- Play time: 45-90 minutes
- Mechanic: Dice rolling, modular board, route/network building, trading
- Oh! And sabotage too
- 120 Cards
- 95 Resource Cards (19 of Each Resource: Ore, Grain, Lumber, Wool, Brick)
- 25 Development Cards (14 Knight/Soldier Cards, 6 Progress Cards, 5 Victory Point Cards)
- 96 Wooden components (24 of each color)
- 16 Cities (4 of Each Color Shaped like Churches)
- 20 Settlements (5 of Each Color Shaped like Houses)
- 60 Roads (15 of Each Color Shaped like Bars)
- 4 "Building Costs" cardboard reference tiles (one of each color)
- 2 Special cardboard tiles: "Longest Road" & "Largest Army"
- 19 Terrain Hexes (Tiles)
- 6 Sea Frame Pieces
- 9 Harbor Pieces
- 18 Circular Number Tokens (Chits)
- 2 Dice (1 Yellow, 1 Red)
- 1 Robber
- 1 Games Rules & Almanac Booklet
- WARNING - SMALL PARTS - Not intended for children under 3 years of age