Game of Thrones House Coins 4pc Set
Pay the Gold Price
- Coins of the realm for Westeros
- Choose coins from House Targaryen or House Stark
- Struck from solid brass and copper in the USA
Pay the Gold PriceCurrency in the world of George R. R. Martin gets a little confusing.* It starts out just fine: two half-pennies equal one penny (of course), two pennies are a halfgroat (uh, okay), two half-groats are a groat (makes sense), and two groats are a copper star. Then, you move out of the copper coins, and it starts to get dodgy: seven copper stars equal a silver stag (huh?), and seven silver stags make up a silver moon (what?), and 30 moons are a gold dragon. So that means that a dragon is... 11760 pennies? We get that seven is a sacred number in Westeros, but boy do we ever see why the Greyjoys would rather just pay the iron price!
Note: Spoilers ahead. If you're not caught up, read at your own risk.
If you're going pay the gold price, you'll need a strong knowledge of your multiples of seven and some currency of the realm. For the latter, we offer you two sets of Westeros coinage: the House Targaryen set of four coins from the reign of the mighty house of Fire and Blood, including a Mark of Meereen celebrating Queen Daenerys. Or you may choose to pick up the House Stark set for a series of coins to use in the North, including a half-dragon coin for The King in the North, Robb Stark. The coins in each set are struck from solid brass and copper, and have been treated to look as if they have been handled and circulated. No two sets are exactly the same! Coloring and patinas will vary.
*It gets worse: the numbers above are according to the semi-canonical A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game, which states that these conversions are only a rule of thumb, and that rates may change across regions, time periods, and war time situations. And it's not like you can just look up currency conversions on Ye Olde Internet in Westeros!
- Game of Thrones House Coins 4pc Set
- Officially-licensed A Song of Ice and Fire merchandise
- Four replica coins struck in solid brass and copper
- Coins are struck one at a time in the USA using antique machinery and traditional coining techniques
- Each coin is hand-treated to give it an aged, circulated look
- Coloring and patinas will vary, no two sets are exactly the same
- Each set includes a colorful description of the history of the coins
- Choose House Targaryen or House Stark
- House Targaryen Set Includes:
- Daenerys Targaryen Mark of Meereen
- Jaehaerys I Targaryen Golden Dragon
- Aegon I Targaryen Penny
- Aegon V Targaryen Half-Penny
- House Targaryen Set Dimensions: 0.6-1.2"
- House Targaryen Set Weights: 0.1-0.4 oz.
- House Targaryen Set Artists: Greg Franck-Weiby, Ron Landis, Arion the Wanderer, and Woody Maringer
- House Stark set includes:
- Eddard Stark Half-Groat
- Rickard Stark Half-Penny
- Torrhen Stark Penny
- Robb Stark Half-Dragon
- House Stark Set Dimensions: 0.6-1"
- House Stark Set Weights: 0.1-0.5 oz.
- House Stark Set Artists: Greg Franck-Weiby, Joe Paonessa, Tom Maringer, and Woody Maringer