True Genius Shotput & Javelin
Host Your Own Modern Olympics.
- Olympic sport apparati in puzzle form
- Puzzles made of solid wood or metal
- Includes Shotput and Javelin
Host Your Own Modern Olympics.Spin, spin, spin, throw! Run, run, run, throw! Many of us know of the shotput and javelin from the Olympics, either from individual sports, or from the grueling decathlon. First appearing in the modern Olympics in 1896 and 1908, respectively, these two activities date back thousands of years, though only the javelin throw was part of the Ancient Olympic Games.
Now they are recreated by True Genius to be challenging puzzles. The Shotput (difficulty 4/4) is made of rich, caramel colored wood pieces that fit together, one way only, to form a round sphere. Study it closely, and examine each piece as you take it out! Then, reassemble it. If you can. The Javelin (difficulty 2/4) is an easier puzzle, made of contrasting metal loops. Can you untangle them? If you can, how do they go back together? Challenge your friends and host your own mini Olympics, seeing who can figure them out in the fastest time. Just don't fling them, k?
- True Genius Shotput & Javelin puzzles
- Disassemble or disentangle the puzzle, and then reverse the process
- For fans of the Olympic Games
- Or students of classic sport
- For rainy days or odd years when there is no Olympics
- Note: Shotput and Javelin puzzles not meant for actually throwing
- Materials: Wood (Shotput), Metal (Javelin)
- Ages 14+