Cloudy or bright?
- Storm glass helps predict the weather
- Weather descriptions on outside of glass tube
- Makes a great decorative piece
Cloudy or bright?There are people who are interested in the weather in order to know how they should dress or whether they should carry an umbrella. Then there are weather nerds. Weather nerds have multiple thermometers and barometers in their house. They check the weather in their town and call you to talk to you about the weather in your town. They have multiple weather apps and keep The Weather Channel on for the content.
Sound familiar? For you or that special weather geek in your life, grab this blast of weather prediction from the past, the Fitzroy Stormglass. An invention of the captain of Darwin's HMS Beagle, this updated barometer uses crystals to that respond to atmospheric fluctuations to forecast the weather. The locations of the crystals within the tube and the appearance of the water around them will help you predict fair weather, windy weather, rainy weather, thunderstorms, or cloudy skies.
- Fitzroy Stormglass
- Crystals in chamber respond to changes in atmospheric pressure
- Perfect for the weather geek in your life
- Or just somebody who needs a beautiful piece of functional decor
- A beautiful way to predict fair weather, windy weather, rainy weather, thunderstorms, and cloudy skies
- (Weather descriptions on outside of glass tube to help you remember)
- Materials: Glass, beachwood, water, ethanol, natural camphor
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 2.4" x 2.4"
- Weight: 6.4 oz.
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Fitzroy's Stormglass or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.