Cloudy or bright?
- Storm glass helps predict the weather
- Weather descriptions on outside of glass tube
- Makes a great decorative piece
Sound familiar? For you or that special weather geek in your life, grab this blast of weather prediction from the past, the Fitzroy Stormglass. An invention of the captain of Darwin's HMS Beagle, this updated barometer uses crystals to that respond to atmospheric fluctuations to forecast the weather. The locations of the crystals within the tube and the appearance of the water around them will help you predict fair weather, windy weather, rainy weather, thunderstorms, or cloudy skies.
- Fitzroy Stormglass
- Crystals in chamber respond to changes in atmospheric pressure
- Perfect for the weather geek in your life
- Or just somebody who needs a beautiful piece of functional decor
- A beautiful way to predict fair weather, windy weather, rainy weather, thunderstorms, and cloudy skies
- (Weather descriptions on outside of glass tube to help you remember)
- Materials: Glass, beachwood, water, ethanol, natural camphor
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 2.4" x 2.4"
- Weight: 6.4 oz.