The Arkenstone® Replica
Heart of the Mountain
- Replica of the Arkenstone of Thrain from the book The Hobbit
- Shines in a variety of colors under different types of light
- Comes in a wooden treasure box with Dwarvish runes
"A globe with a thousand facets; it shone like silver in the firelight, like water in the sun, like snow under the stars, like rain upon the Moon!"
- Thorin Oakenshield, The Hobbit
When Bilbo Baggins discovered the Arkenstone of Thrain on the top of Smaug's treasure hoard, "it was tinged with a flickering sparkle of many colors at the surface." Just like the Arkenstone in the book, this replica shines in a variety of colors depending on what type of light you hold it under. The master jewelers at Badali Jewelry have recreated this amazing gem, bringing it from the mind of J.R.R. Tolkien into the real world. The secret to the amazing multicolor display is the use of fine K9 Crystal treated with an Aurora Borealis plating.
The Arkenstone replica measures approximately 2 5/16" in diameter - big enough to fill a Hobbit hand, but small enough to hide in deep pocketses. This magical stone comes nestled on a black velvet pillow inside a Dwarven-crafted wooden treasure chest, stamped the Dwarvish runes for "Arkenstone" (the same runes as those found on Thorin's Map). Perfect for displaying above your throne, or as the final magnificent piece atop your golden treasure hoard.
- The Arkenstone® Replica
- Officially-licensed J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit collectible
- A replica of the precious Dwarven gem described in the book
- Created by the master jewelers of Badali Jewelry
- Crystal appears clear until held under light, then displays a variety of colors depending on the type of light source
- Comes on a velvet cushion in a wooden treasure box with the Dwarvish runes for "Arkenstone"
- Certificate of Authenticity included
- Materials: K9 crystal treated with an Aurora Borealis plating, wooden treasure box
- Arkenstone: approximately 2 5/16" in diameter (big enough to fill a Hobbit hand, but small enough to hide in a deep pocket)
- Treasure Box: approximately 4 1/8" long x 4 1/8" wide x 4" tall
- Weight: 18 oz. (Arkenstone and box together)