Mechanical DIY Safe
Play it safe
- Build a real, functioning safe
- 179 pieces are scored and ready for you to punch out and put together
- A great project for makers young and old
This little Mechanical DIY Safe is just the right size to keep a few small items secure. But the best part of this little contraption is that it's a kit - you put it together yourself. Made from premium grade plywood, the 179 pieces are scored and ready for you to punch out and put together. It's a fun project that requires no tools (although you may wish to have a craft knife handy and a small hammer to help things fit). We recommend that little kids have adult supervision, to help understand instructions, provide brute force, and to keep the smaller pieces from snapping. And once you're done, you have an actual functioning safe that can hide away your goodies.
- Mechanical DIY Safe Kit
- Once assembled, it's a real safe that opens with a traditional 3 figure coded lock (combination instructions included in the kit)
- Pieces are precut and ready to assemble
- Use it to store your stuff (or to practice safe cracking)
- Optional slot on top lets you use it as a bank
- Number of Parts: 179
- Assembly Time: ~4 hours
- Materials: Premium grade plywood
- Dimensions: 7.7" x 7.3" x 6.9" (assembled), 6.1" x 5.5" x 4.1" interior space
- Weight: 2.9 lbs.
- Includes plywood sheets with laser scored parts to punch outs, instructions, and combination / directions to choose another combination
- No glue needed!
- Craft knife not required but may help removing pieces from sheets cleanly, and you may want to wax the gears if you use it a lot
- Kids under 12 will probably need an adult to assist