Mechanical DIY Pneumatic Engine
I'll Huff and I'll Puff and I'll Power that Engine
- Pneumatic engine powered by balloon or your own breath
- 81 pieces are scored and ready for you to punch out and put together
- A great project for makers young and old
I'll Huff and I'll Puff and I'll Power that EngineI think I can, I think I can... Finally, a use for all your hot air! Blow into the special trumpet or inflate the balloon to power this DIY mechanical pneumatic engine. After you assemble it, that is. To do so, simply follow the detailed instructions to punch out and assemble the pieces. Then, once completed, blow into the included trumpet or through an attached balloon to power this small air version of a steam engine. An air pressure tachometer is integrated into the design to measure the working speed. All spare parts can be stored in the two built-in compartments designed for that purpose.
Playing with this engine is like stepping back in time to the Industrial Revolution, except a lot cleaner. Made from premium grade plywood, the 81 pieces are scored and ready for you to punch out and put together. It's a fun project that requires no tools (although you may wish to have a craft knife handy and a small hammer to help things fit). We recommend that little kids have adult supervision, to help understand instructions, provide brute force, and to keep the smaller pieces from snapping. Step back to the days of steam engines and assemble this kit with your family. All aboard!
- Mechanical DIY Pneumatic Engine
- Power the engine with your own air and watch it go
- For lovers of steam engines and mechanical toys
- Number of Parts: 81
- Assembly Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Materials: Premium grade plywood
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 3" x 3.5" finished size
- Includes plywood sheets with 81 laser-scored parts to punch out (including special blow trumpet with three interchangeable nozzles) and instructions
- No glue needed!
- Craft knife not required but may help removing pieces from sheets cleanly, and you may want to wax the gears if you use it a lot
- Kids under 12 will probably need an adult to assist
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Mechanical DIY Pneumatic Engine or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.