Doctor Who TARDIS Console Motion Light
Straight outta the 60s, just like the Doctor
- Few people can fly the TARDIS, but everyone can turn on a lamp!
- Watch the hypnotic waxy globules rise and fall...
- Flowing waxy lava blobs are probably not aliens trying to take over the Earth (again)
Straight outta the 60s, just like the DoctorThe exterior of the Doctor's TARDIS is iconic. It's just a blue police call box. And sure, we all know that it's "bigger on the inside" - but that inside is always changing, in small parts or in grand sweeping redesigns. And in every version of the TARDIS, one element is always present: the central control console, with all the knobs and buttons and levers and that big light in the middle that brightens with every "vworp!"
Now you can turn any room into the inside of the TARDIS with this nifty Console Motion Light. Only it will be much calmer, because this console won't whisk you off to any intergalactic wars or assorted space terrors. Instead of a light that pulsates, this lamp heats up internal waxy blobs that flow and melt hypnotically - just like another type of psychedelic lamp that happens to have been created in 1963, the same year as Doctor Who. Coincidence? Perhaps. But as the Doctor says, "Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you're busy, in which case always ignore a coincidence."
In case some of you have never owned a device like this, we wanted to share some tips from those of us who have to help you get started:
- It takes a little while (generally around an hour) for the liquids to heat up and for the wax to really start moving freely.
- Try not to shake or move it while it's on. You'll emulsify the fluids, and then you'll be sad.
- Do not leave it on for more than 10 hours.
- Do not drop. It's glass. If it breaks, use rubber gloves to clean up using whatever cleaning agent is recommended for the surface the spill is on.
- Be aware that the glass and base will remain hot for a time, even after the lamp is turned off. Because even the Time Lords have to respect the laws of thermodynamics.
- Doctor Who TARDIS Console Motion Light
- Officially-licensed Doctor Who merchandise
- Transform any room into the inside of the TARDIS with this console-shaped lamp!
- Who needs vworping and danger when you can have soothing, flowing waxy lava blobs?
- Power cord with inline on/off switch
- Input rating 120V ~ 60Hz max 25W
- Requires one R39 25W incandescent appliance bulb (included)
- Dimensions: 18" tall
- Do not leave unattended or operate for longer than 10 hours at a time.
- Ages 16+
Prop 65 Warning: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, please visit www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65.html.
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Doctor Who TARDIS Console Motion Light or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.