Robinson Crusoe 2e
Fear of danger is ten thousand times more terrifying than danger itself
- Survive in extreme conditions in a variety of scenarios
- The second edition (from Portal Games)
- Comes with a solitaire play option!
Fear of danger is ten thousand times more terrifying than danger itselfThere are all those extreme survival shows on TV these days. The television producers drop somebody on a deserted island without any supplies, and they have to fend for themselves. If you've always wanted to do that but you've never had the time (or you didn't imagine your television debut would involve death on the line), Robinson Crusoe is your game.
You're shipwrecked on an island. Your aim is simply to survive. And there's ancient civilizations and cursed temples thrown into the mix for variety.
The one we have here is the second edition. It's the first edition, leveled up. There's an additional scenario. The cards are nicer. The tokens are nicer. Basically, everything's just nicer. How do you know which one you've played? Was the box square? That's this newer edition.
- Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island (2nd Edition)
- From Portal Games
- For 1-4 players
- Ages 14+
- Play time: 90-180 minutes
- Mechanic: Co-operative play, dice rolling, modular board, simultaneous action selection, tile placement, variable player powers, and worker placement
- 90 Adventure cards, 30 each for Building, Gather Resources, and Exploration action
- 73 Event cards
- 52 Mystery cards (26 Treasures, 13 Monsters, 13 Traps)
- 3 Wreckage cards
- 1 Friday and 1 Dog card
- 12 custom dice
- 7 different scenarios
- 4 Characters
- 16 Beast Cards
- 8 Starting Items
- 30 Invention cards
- 1 card "Arranging the Camp"
- Various wooden tokens
- If you own or are familiar with the original, here's a list of all the changes
- WARNING - SMALL PARTS - Not intended for children under 3 years of age.