Star Trek 50th Anniversary Tridimensional Chess Set
Queen to queen's level 3
- Comes with 7 acrylic playing boards
- And 32 silver or 24K gold plated chess pieces
- An incredible display piece
The Franklin Mint has reprised their 90s creation with this 50th Anniversary Tridimensional Chess Set. This set, over a foot tall when fully assembled, features 7 acrylic playing boards and 32 silver or gold plated chess pieces. It comes with a rules booklet, but even if you don't play, it looks pretty awesome displayed on a shelf, just waiting for someone to comment on it. Of course, if you don't play, owning this chess set is a reason to learn if we ever heard one. We can find no other logical alternative.
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Tridimensional Chess Set
- Officially-licensed Star Trek merchandise
- As first seen in the very second episode of The Original Series, "Charlie X"
- Perfect for folks who fall into the not-insignificant Venn diagram conjunction of Star Trek fans and chess players
- A great display piece for non-chess-playing Star Trek fans
- Materials: Acrylic boards and precision-cast pieces plated with sterling silver or 24 karat gold
- Based on diagrams from Franz Joseph's Starfleet Technical Manual
- Some assembly required
- Dimensions: 14" tall fully assembled
- Produced in approximately half-scale to those on the show
- 3 large 4.3" boards
- 4 small 2.1" Movable Attack Boards
- 32 chess pieces
- Rules and strategy booklet
- Certificate of Authenticity
- WARNING - SMALL PARTS - Not intended for children under 3 years of age.