Daughters of Darkness Ear Wrap
Immortal. Untouchable. Beautiful.
- Crafted from fine English pewter
- Swarovski Crystals immortalize the Pleiades & Atlas
- Orion can't catch you, for all eternity
Some stories say the Pleiades were heartbroken at the fate of their father and committed suicide - after which Zeus immortalized them in the stars, to comfort their father. Because looking up and being reminded your of your dead daughters while carrying a planet seems comforting? Greek gods were weird.
Another story claims that Orion began pursuing the sisters in earnest after their father was condemned. Zeus devised a way to keep the Pleiades from Orion's clutches forever: he set them in the stars where Orion may always pursue them, but could never reach them. (That seems a bit more reassuring to a father with an eternally aching back.)
Whichever version of the story you prefer, now you can wear the seven sisters in all their glory with the Daughters of Darkness Ear Wrap. Made with English pewter, the wrap depicts the Pleiades with seven Swarovski crystals, with the final one, Atlas, suspended on the dangle.
The constellation can be gently bent to fit your right ear comfortably, while the post is fastened with a surgical steel post. (Yes, it's safe for those of us with nickel allergies!)
For our customers with nickel allergies: These are made of English pewter, which is a mixture of tin, antimony, and copper. It is free of both lead and nickel. The post is surgical-steel, which is a mixture of chromium, nickel, and molybdenum. The back is plastic.
- Daughters of Darkness Ear Wrap
- Single ear wrap, for the right ear only
- Requires a single ear piercing in the right ear
- Perfect for the lady at the center of your universe
- Materials: Fine English pewter with Swarovski crystals
- Dimensions: 1.5" wide x 3.4" tall x 1.1" deep
- To adjust: Gently press the metal to fit the ear wrap around your ear. We like to warm ours with our hands or a hair dryer to make it more malleable.