OneTeslaTS MegaTesla Kit
The best DRSSTC Tesla coil with unmatched performance for the DIY enthusiast
- A kit that lets you make your own Tesla coil
- Perfect for the experienced maker
- Shoots 20" sparks
We're pretty dang excited when we get to offer you something we really want for no good reason. Since you first saw one, haven't you always wanted your own Tesla coil, too? It's not just us, right? Those signature purple discharge sparks and plasma streamers of ionized particles make our fingers tingle just thinking about them.
Here's your chance to own one. The tinyTesla oneTeslaTS MegaTesla Coil Kit lets you learn about alternating-current electricity in a hands-on manner. (There will be no elephants electrocuted today. Sorry, Edison.) If you're comfortable with soldering and are an experienced maker, you can build your own Tesla coil with this kit.
The interrupter is designed to connect to a MIDI input or read MIDI files off of micro SD/SDHC cards directly. What does that mean? You and your tinyTesla will be making beautiful MIDI music together.
And the tinyTesla comes with a pre-wound secondary coil so you don't have to wind the hair-thin wire yourself. Because we figure you have better things to do. Like enjoy the 20" discharge sparks this thing produces. We'll leave you to that then, shall we?
- tinyTesla oneTeslaTS MegaTesla Kit
- Learn about alternating-current electricity in a safe but hands-on manner
- Solid-state design for reliability
- Shoots 20" sparks
- Plays MIDI files and make music using the sparks themselves
- Interrupter connects to a MIDI input or reads MIDI files off of micro SD/SDHC cards directly
- Coil Type: Dual-resonant solid-state (DRSSTC)
- Bus Voltage: 340V nominal
- Power Inverter: 2x FGA60N65SMD
- Inverter Configuration: Half-bridge
- Secondary: 2.5x7", 38.5AWG magnet wire
- Primary: Board-integrated spiral primary
- Power consumption: 200W nominal
- Inputs: Micro SD card, MIDI via DIN5 jack
- Batteries: 2 CR123 batteries (not included)
- Dimensions: Tesla coil measures 11 1/2" tall x 6" diameter (4 1/4" square base) fully assembled; SD Interruptor measures 3 3/4" square x 1 1/2" thick fully assembled
- Weight: 3 lbs.
- Includes toroid, secondary coil, etched primary coil, chassis PCBs, heat sink, and SD interrupter parts
- Full parts list available here
- Requires a soldering iron (40W min), rosin-core solder, small pliers, flush cutters, wire strippers, small screwdriver, hot glue gun, multimeter, and paint-on or spray-on varnish
- 110-volt AC (110V) version only - US plug type B
- Caution: This kit makes high voltage, high frequency electricity when fully constructed. This kit involves soldering and working with electrical hazards. Builders under 18 should work only under close adult supervision.