DIY Star Globe
Look! Up in the Sky!
- Assemble this globe to get to know the constellations
- Stars light up in the dark with glow-in-the-dark ink
- Hold the stars in the palm of your hand
Look! Up in the Sky!For thousands of years man has been enamored with the night sky and all its stars. People began cataloging the stars and grouping them into constellations way before there was Google Sky (about 6,000 years before!). The same stars that made up Orion for Homer are still visible in the sky above us today. Not that Homer could see them, mind you, but still. It's mind boggling.
Learn more about these celestial bodies with the DIY Star Globe. This black globe folds up to form an 8-inch ball that you can use to learn which hemisphere each constellation appears in. Watch the stars come to life at night no matter how much light pollution your area has when each constellation lights up with glow-in-the-dark ink.
- DIY Star Globe
- Displays the night sky's constellations
- Great learning tool for young astronomers or other stargazers
- Materials: paper, laminate, glow ink
- Dimensions: 7.9" sphere