Star Wars Death Star Desk Lamp
[insert obligatory 'that's no moon' joke here]
- That's no moon. It's a lamp.
- It's too cool to be a lamp.
- I have a bad feeling about this.
The story is well known across the universe, but the story that's not known is that the "plans" they speak of weren't blueprints rolled into a cardboard tube or photographed using a tiny concealable micro-camera. No. The plans were, in fact, a tiny scale model disguised as a simple desk lamp.
It's true! This desk lamp is hidden in plain sight with colorful LEDs in the spherical space-station base and in the shade. The lamp itself was surprisingly functional and practical. The lamp was designed to be completely self-contained, so no light-bulbs are required for operation. LEDs are included and designed to burn for 60,000 hours, or nearly 7 years of continual operation. If Luke doesn't get to it first.
- Desktop lamp with base shaped like the Death Star
- Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise
- A ThinkGeek exclusive
- Plastic shade features the plans for the Death Star
- LEDs in the Death Star Base and behind the lampshade
- Features three different lighting modes: shade only (145 lumens), shade and base (185 lumens), or base only (10 lumens)
- The Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser has a touch sensor - use the Force to turn it on/off and switch between modes
- AC Powered:
- 110v/240v 50Hz/60Hz AC Adapter
- Outputs 5V 1A
- 12 inches tall
- Lampshade - 8 inches in diameter
- Light-source: white and RGB LEDs, included, not user-replaceable
- This is not a toy and is not intended for use as a night light.