Star Wars Death Star Desk Lamp
[insert obligatory 'that's no moon' joke here]
- That's no moon. It's a lamp.
- It's too cool to be a lamp.
- I have a bad feeling about this.
[insert obligatory 'that's no moon' joke here]It is a period of civil war. Rebel space ships striking from a hidden base have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.
The story is well known across the universe, but the story that's not known is that the "plans" they speak of weren't blueprints rolled into a cardboard tube or photographed using a tiny concealable micro-camera. No. The plans were, in fact, a tiny scale model disguised as a simple desk lamp.
It's true! This desk lamp is hidden in plain sight with colorful LEDs in the spherical space-station base and in the shade. The lamp itself was surprisingly functional and practical. The lamp was designed to be completely self-contained, so no light-bulbs are required for operation. LEDs are included and designed to burn for 60,000 hours, or nearly 7 years of continual operation. If Luke doesn't get to it first.
- Desktop lamp with base shaped like the Death Star
- Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise
- A ThinkGeek exclusive
- Plastic shade features the plans for the Death Star
- LEDs in the Death Star Base and behind the lampshade
- Features three different lighting modes: shade only (145 lumens), shade and base (185 lumens), or base only (10 lumens)
- The Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser has a touch sensor - use the Force to turn it on/off and switch between modes
- AC Powered:
- 110v/240v 50Hz/60Hz AC Adapter
- Outputs 5V 1A
- 12 inches tall
- Lampshade - 8 inches in diameter
- Light-source: white and RGB LEDs, included, not user-replaceable
- This is not a toy and is not intended for use as a night light.