The Postmodern Nixie Tube Clock
Get your Nixie fix
- Fun with the "LEDs" of yesteryear
- Tells 12H time, 24H time, and ambient temperature
- Handmade with 6-layer polyurethane finish
Get your Nixie fixReal nixie tubes are the "LEDs" of yesteryear. They proudly displayed their digits on scientific equipment, voltmeters, counters, and control panels. While they're no longer in production, the company that makes these has managed to scrounge up some from the Eastern European region of the former Soviet Union. So even though this isn't technically a limited edition, it is limited because any Nixie tube item depends on that original dwindling supply. More dwindling if you hand it to Mat Tarpley.
This Postmodern Nixie Clock is made entirely by hand. Each one takes at least 6 hours to make, and you end up with a piece that looks like it's straight out of the past (but you secretly know better). We just like basking in the warm orange glow of past technology and watching the numbers cycle.
- The Postmodern Nixie Tube Clock
- Four modes: 12H time, 24H time, and ambient temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- New Nixie tubes from old stock
- Tubes were designed for 10000 hours of continuous use
- The manufacturer designed this clock below the tubes' operation point to ensure performance and longevity
- And if a tube burns out, you can replace it with an IN-12 (as long as you have basic soldering skills)
- As the time updates, the Nixie tubes cycle
- Materials: Plywood with 6-layer polyurethane finish
- Care Instructions: Avoid direct sunlight and humid environments. Use a damp cloth to remove dust.
- Dimensions: 6" wide x 4" tall x 4" deep
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Input: 110V and 220V in 50/60Hz
- Includes clock, power adapter, and a certificate of authenticity
- Handmade - takes 6 hours to make