Lithiholo Hologram Kits
- No mad scientist should be without these!
- Make stunning transmission holograms
- Not a toy - a serious science kits for adults
DIY HologramsEveryone who grew up in the 70s or 80s knows that holograms were supposed to be our future. From Leia's message to Jaws 19, holograms were supposed to integrate into our lives and provide knowledge and entertainment. Time for you to make the future happen today from the comfort of your own home.
These Litiholo Hologram Kits have everything you need to make your own transmission holograms – up to 20 of them. Each film plate is a self-developing marvel (and refills are available from the manufacturer). The kits go together quickly and easily, and exposure time for each film plate is about 15 minutes. Most hologram rigs require special dark rooms with tons of stabilizing equipment, as the slightest jiggle or pinprick of light can ruin the exposure. But these kits work so well you could pull off a hologram on your office desk at work, slightly shushing those around you for a little quiet. Granted, it will work better in a dark, quiet space, but we've witnessed it work with fluorescent office lights overhead.
Please keep in mind, though, that what you make won’t be a moving princess or a snapping shark, but a 2" x 3" static hologram. This kit is not a toy, but a serious science kit which will yield tiny works of art. Each hologram will need to be put back in the rig to be viewed, but that just adds to the wonderful "science kit" feel of this fantastic DIY project.
- Litiholo Hologram Kits
- Choose Full-Color Hologram or Small Hologram
- Make your own holograms at home
- Both sets include
- Holographic-quality red laser diode
- Battery pack
- 20 2" x 3" film plates
- Holographic plate holder
- Diode mount
- LED darkroom light
- Test object
- Black shutter card
- White alignment card
- Uncoated alignment plate
- Instruction manual
- Full-Color Kit additionally includes
- 3 diodes (instead of just the red, you also get green and blue)
- Color combiner tower system (with red optical combiner and green optical combiner)
- 2 additional diode mounts
- Laser tower and laser elevation systems
- Batteries: 2 AA for Small Hologram, 4 AA and 2 C for Full-Color (not included)
- Ages 13+