Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
- Cards feature original illustrations by Marie Cardouat
- Great way to test your shared cultural references
- Has the potential to involve interpretative dance
We particularly dig Dixit because 1) it has little bunny tokens, and 2) it's not language-specific. However, it is cultural reference specific, so you want to play it with folks who have a shared common experience with you. It would have been difficult for us to play with Guillaume, at least before his indoctrination.
So basically, we're saying do not play this against the Tamarians. Or you will be all, "Shaka, when the walls fell."
- Dixit Board Game
- For 3-6 players
- Ages 8+
- Play time: 30 minutes
- Mechanic: Simultaneous action selection, storytelling, and voting
- 84 large-format image cards with original illustrations by Marie Cardouat
- 1 Scoreboard
- 6 wooden rabbits
- 36 voting tokens
- Rules booklet
- Not sure if it's for you? Watch a game with the TableTop episode.
- WARNING - SMALL PARTS - Not intended for children under 3 years of age.