Swedish FireSteel: FireSteel V 2.0
Blaze of glory
- Magnesium alloy that sparks to make fire
- Use to light campfires, stoves, gas BBQs
- Now even easier to use in any weather
Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, Swedish FireSteel is a flash of genius. Its nearly 3,000°C spark makes fire building easy in any weather, at any altitude. Used by a number of armies around the world, Swedish FireSteel's dependability has already made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen and campers. Amazingly enough it also works equally well when wet. Version 2.0 features an improved striker that makes it even easier to build a fire in any weather or at any altitude. With a new design, this simple tool makes one of mankind's greatest survival tactics accessible to everyone.
- Lights campfires, gas-stoves, gas-barbecues
- Lasts for approximately 12,000 strikes
- Produces a 5,400°F (2,980°C) degree spark
- Works equally well when wet
- Predictable performance at all altitudes
- Bright spark - can be used as emergency signal
- Striker handle includes an emergency whistle
- Materials: Magnesium alloy (of 7 different metals@) + stainless steel striker
- Dimensions: 3.7" x 1" x .6"
- Weight: 1.7 oz.