The Smoking Gun
Create new culinary sensations with smoke
- Add delicious smoked flavor to any food you want
- Takes about 30-60 seconds to pump in the smoke
- Safer than operating a full-sized smoker indoors!
Coming from a Sherlock Holmes story, the phrase "smoking gun" refers to evidence that clearly convicts a person of a crime (as if they were caught holding a smoking gun). But Holmes had another use for the term. In his lab, he had a special contraction which allowed him to burn wood, spices, and herbs, and then pump the smoke into foods that Mrs. Hudson provided. This added a delicious smoked taste to otherwise (sorry, Mrs. Hudson) bland food. And now, thanks to modern technology and other junk, you can have a more advanced version with The Smoking Gun.
The Smoking Gun makes your kitchen and bar creations appealing and unique. There are virtually no other methods that allow you to make such big flavor and aroma differences so easily. The Smoking Gun offers an alternative to traditional smoking methods. Today turning Sous Vide-cooked meats, salads, chocolate, meringue, sauces, butters, and fruit into unique new culinary sensations is possible by adding a measured amount of natural, cool smoke. The Smoking Gun - point and shoot smoke into any food you want.
- Add that delicious smoked flavor to any food you want
- Excellent for finishing products that are cooked Sous Vide or other methods where food is not normally directly exposed to fire or smoke
- One-piece, removable anodized aluminum smoking chamber
- Heavy-duty metal blower fan-will not melt when heated
- Efficient, low noise motor
- Adds smoke into your grub in as little as 30-60 seconds (you can even do it AT the table)!
- Includes two types of smoking chips, but you can actually fill the smoking chamber with your own wood chips, herbs, or spices.
- Smoking Gun
- Acrylic Stand
- 18" nozzle extender hose
- Two 1/2 ounce sample jars each of Applewood and Hickory smoking chips
- Instruction Guide
- Batteries: 4 x AA (included)
- Lighter or matches not included
- Dimensions: approx. 6" x 4.5" x 2"