2015 Despair Calendar
The perfect calendar for rocket scientists and burger flippers
- 2015 12-month calendar
- Demotivating designs and geeky dates
- "Holidays" submitted by ThinkGeek fans - YOU!
We've teamed up with the geniuses at Despair, Inc. again to bring you a totally demotivating and hilarious 2015 calendar. You'll get a different Demotivator each month (see below) as well as important dates in geek history. Impress your friends with your geeky trivia knowledge! Never forget Talk Like A Pirate Day again! Send @wilw a Happy Birthday tweet right on time (see: Don't Be a Dick Day)! The superpowers you will gain from having this calendar cannot possibly fit in one paragraph. Keep it for yourself or give it to that geek in your life who has everything but still finds stuff to complain about. They'll love it but pretend to hate it. That's just how they roll.
Some sample dates of import:
- January 12, 2025: KV Day. Kaiju Victory Day - end of the 12 year Kaiju War.
- February 12: International Darwin Day (1809)
- March 14: Pi Day. We make pie to celebrate.
- April 20: Send ThinkGeek Pizza Day.
- May 4: May the 4th be with you.
- June 3, 2122: USCSS Nostromo receives a distress signal from the planetoid LV-426.
- July 25, 1920: Rosalind Franklin's Birthday. She discovered the shape of DNA.
- August 6, 1996: George R.R. Martin publishes A Game of Thrones.
- September 19: International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
- October 18, 1985: Nintendo releases the NES in North America, singlehandedly saving the video game industry.
- November 5, 1605: Guy Fawkes Day. Remember remember, the fifth of November.
- December 10, 1815: Ada Lovelace Day.
- And dozens and dozens more!
Includes the following Demotivator designs:
- Hypocrisy: Because what might be right for you should not be right for some.
- Self-Esteem: It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.
- Errors: Failure is just the opportunity to begin again more intelligently, and if you're surrounded by screwups, you'll become an expert in it.
- Friendship: A friend is just a stranger you haven't alienated yet.
- Caution: Life doesn't always want to be grabbed by the horns.
- Preservation: Action will be taken to prevent the next disaster as soon as possible after it has occurred.
- Social Media: If the unexamined life is not worth living, it's certainly not worth broadcasting online 24 hours a day.
- Reliability: It's not really that helpful if all you do is blow up every hour.
- Seize the Day: There's no better time than today for regretting yesterday and dreadign tomorrow.
- Risk: Anyone can steer the ship when the seas are calm, but SINKING a ship when the seas are calm? For that you need a dumbass.
- Recognition: The more you reward the most trivial of achievements, the more you produce the most trivial of people.
- Fulfillment: Choose a job that you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life. We're sending those jobs elsewhere.