Monty Python Fluxx
And now for something completely different...
- Fun and fast card game with Monty Python flair
- For 2-6 players, ages 8 and up
- Based on the award-winning game Fluxx by Looney Labs
IT'S... Monty Python Fluxx, the ever changing Monty Python card game. It's time you enter a land of crazy knights, silly quests, killer rabbits, and yes, even the Spanish Inquisition (no one expects them). What starts out as a very simple game quickly blossoms into something ludicrous as the rules constantly change (hence the "Fluxx" part of the game's name). It's silly, it's fun, it's Monty Python Fluxx! Read on!
In the beginning, each player is dealt 3 cards and the only rule is "Draw 1 card; Play 1 card." There are 4 basic card types: Keepers (cards you place in front of you - things required to complete a Goal); Goals (specify the Keepers or conditions needed to win the game); Actions (um...actions to mess with game play); and Rules (new rules that replace, remove, or add to the rules already in play). There are also a few Creeper cards - these will prevent you from winning, unless you change the Rules or the Goal.
Because that is the fun of Monty Python Fluxx - you can be as silly as you want all the while messing with the rules and the goals of the game. And if you're not careful, you might change them enough to let someone else win. Then you will be openly mocked - by the Knights who say, "Ni" as well as all the other players. Know what we mean? Say no more!
- For Ages 8 and Up
- The rules are constantly changing as you play this very silly game.
- Some card examples:
- Goal Card: "Opening Credits - You win if you have the Foot and the Nude Organist on the table in front of you."
- Rule Card: "Fake Accent - If you speak with an outrageous fake accent . . . you may play 1 extra card."
- Keeper: "Unladen Swallow - Counts as African or European Swallow."
- Action: "My Brain Hurts - Discard as many of the New Rule cards in play as you feel make your brain hurt too much."
- Creeper: "The Spanish Inquisition - You cannot win if you have this unless the Goal says otherwise."
- Includes: 100 cards and instructions
- Players: 2-6
- Playtime: 5-30 mins
- Card dimensions: 2" x 3.5"