North Paw Directional Anklet Kit
Always know where magnetic north is.
- This anklet uses a compass module and pager vibrators so your brain will always know where magnetic north is.
- Plus, you get to DIY it all together, you soldering genius, you!
- An entire science fair project all in one little kit.
The North Paw Directional Anklet Kit is an entire science experiment in one little kit. Actually, it's many. Nothing funny here; let's just get right to the awesome. First, you get the joy of soldering together a really snazzy kit. DIY-ing things is fun. But then, once you've assembled your North Paw Directional Anklet Kit, the real crazy fun begins.
As you probably guessed from the name, the North Paw Directional Anklet Kit goes on your ankle. It has a compass module which powers 8 pager vibrating motors which surround your leg. Whichever direction magnetic north is, that's which motor vibrates. So, wearing your North Paw Directional Anklet will allow your brain to always know where magnetic north is. But the science experiment hasn't ended there.
Eventually, your brain begins to tune out the vibration (your brain is wacky and tends to quiet constant stimuli from your conscious mind) and you just "know" where north is. BUT IT DOESN'T END THERE! Some studies have reported, after prolonged use of the North Paw Directional Anklet (and/or similar directional stimulation methods), folks experience a very odd sense of direction (slight disorientation) for a couple of days after stopping using it - almost like your brain is lost. The North Paw Directional Anklet Kit is a whole buncha science experiments crammed into one tiny little kit. The bonus is: you'll always know which direction your toilets are facing (ours are north-northeast).
North Paw Directional Anklet Kit
- Put this awesome kit together and always know where magnetic north is.
- You wear the anklet and one of 8 vibrators buzzes to let you know where magnetic north is.
- Eventually, your brain ignores the buzz and you just know where magnetic north is.
- An awesome science project great for science fairs or outdoorsfolks who like not getting lost.
- Includes: 2 pieces of sticky-back velcro, 8 sticky-back velcro dots, 12" of 10 conductor ribbon cable, 87quot; piece of 1/16" shrink tubing, small black plastic enclosure box, LiPo Battery, 10" custom armature fabric (veltex, velcro and zipper) enclosure, custom North Paw V2.0 PCB, 2 x 10kOhm resistors, 1 green LED, 2 x 0.1uF caps (little yellow ones, some have very long leads), 1 large 47uF electrolytic cap, ATMEGA168 28DIP IC, TPIC 16DIP IC, 1x3 and 2x3 right angle female header sockets for compass (these may be still included, but are no longer required), 3 pin resonator (blue), switch STDP, 2x5 male right angle motor socket, LSM303 compass module with headers, 2 x ribbon cable snap (only 1 required), 8 x coin-type vibrating motors, 330 Ohm resistor, red LED, JST power jack for battery, MAX1555 (SMD device already soldered to the PCB, IC for charging LiPo batteries), 1uF cap (larger yellow capacitor - some have very short leads), USB mini-B jack.
- Power: USB mini-B cable not included (for charging batteries)
- Other Things: wire cutters, wire strippers, soldering iron, solder, clear packing or scotch tape, and (optional) hot air gun not included either.
- Skill Level: Intermediate (easy-ish, with a couple of advanced steps).
- Dimensions: Fits ankles from approx. 10.5"- 14" in ankle circumference.