DIY Nixie Tube Thermometer Kit
Surprisingly, not caffeinated!
- Fun with the "LEDs" of yesteryear
- Limited edition DIY kit for makers
- Soldering experience required
We offer a delicious caffeinated candy powder called Nixie Tubes. This kit does not contain anything edible. Seriously, don't eat any of this stuff, it will probably kill you. Real nixie tubes are the "LEDs" of yesteryear. They proudly displayed their digits on scientific equipment, voltmeters, counters, and control panels. While they're no longer in production, we've managed to scrounge up some limited edition DIY sets that let you build your own Nixie Tube Thermometer.
You'll need a few skillz to put it together, but if you can wield a soldering iron and read a schematic, you're in business. You could also use the parts to hack together something completely different. If you do, be sure to send us an email about it and a photo of what monstrosity of awesomesauce you created. We'd love to see it.
- DIY kit to build a Nixie Tube Thermometer
- Displays: fahrenheit, celsius, kelvin, and humidity
- Built in Motion sensor to change display and transition
- Transition types: slow fade, random flash, and off
- Blue LED accent lights
- Rear port for external temperature sensor
- Microprocessor controlled
- Case with brass hardware included
- Display tubes: IN-14 and 19
- Power supply: AC/DC 5V@500mA (included)
- Dimensions: 5 3/4" x 3 1/4" x 2.5"
- Assembly Instructions