A380e Pocket Retro Game Emulator
Retro gaming and more, in your pocket
- Handheld gaming system for all the classics
- Carry thousands of games in your pocket
- No games included, customize with your own
The Pocket Retro Game Emulator looks a bit like the GameBoy Micro but that's where the similarities end. Load on NES, SNES, GBA, Sega Genesis, or Neo Geo roms and play your old favorites in the palm of your hand. With 4GB of built-in storage and (a micro SD slot for expansion) you can bring every single game from the best classic consoles with you. Of course, it doesn't stop there. You can also play movie files, audio files, FM radio. You can view images or read ebooks. You can even do Hi-Fi voice recording.
What you really care about is gaming, of course. So how are the controls? Quite good! The d-pad on the left is precise enough to pull off some Street Fighter moves. You get four control buttons on the right as well as two shoulder buttons. This is more than enough to manage anything an 8-bit or 16-bit console game can dish out. The buttons are completely reconfigurable to your fancy should you not like the default assignments. Plus, you can pause a game anywhere you like, take a full memory dump and store it. This means you can essentially "save" anywhere and come back to that exact moment in the game later.
"But ThinkGeek," you ask. "Where can I procure old skool gaming roms to load onto the Pocket Retro Game Emulator?" Well, young gamer, we hear tell of a mystical soothsayer named "Google." Upon entering such phrases as "NES roms" or "SNES roms," a person may be directed to easily download such roms. But keep in mind that our attorneys do not approve of such behavior and the above statement is likely completely untrue. In fact, you should probably forget about this whole conversation. A handheld gaming system that can play all your favorite old classic console games? Nope. Just too good to be true.
- A380e Pocket Emulator for retro gaming on the go
- Display: TFT 3.2" WQVGA LCD, resolution 400 x 240
- CPU: 500MHz
- RAM: 64MB
- Capacity: 4GB internal storage. Supports a MicroSD card up to 32GB.
- Games: Plays 8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 3D games.
- G-sensor: Gravity sensing effect when playing games
- Console design: Cross direction buttons, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R shoulder buttons, Start/Select buttons, power switch/hold button, internat reset button.
- Video Port: AV-Out
- Audio Port: 3.5mm Stereo Audio Output, microphone output
- Audio Type: Stereo speakers
- Compatible Video: RM, RMVB, MPEG1, MPEG2, MKV (H.264, DIVX, XVID), WMV, MOV, MP4, 3GP, AVI (H.264, DIVX, XVID), ASF, MPE, FLV, MPEG, MPG, DAT, VOD (no more than 480P)
- Compatible Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, ACC, APE, FLAC
- Image Viewer: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG. Supports zoom/rotation/PPT display
- Audio Recorder: Hi-Fi voice recording. Supports MP3, WAV formats.
- Ebook Reader: Supports TXT, HTML, RTF, DOC formats. Supports bookmark, auto browsing, font sizing, TTS oral reading functions.
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Korean.
- Battery: 1800mAh Lithium ion battery
- Operating System: USB 2.0 port, charges via your computer
- Windows and Mac friendly (a little friendlier with Windows)
- NOTE: We are working with Dingoo to get this model added to their site and clarifying specs to support use/mods