Firefly Jayne's Hat
Cunning, dontcha think?
- 100% acrylic yarn
- Officially-licensed Firefly merchandise.
- We call these little items here "bullets," which seems appropriate for a Jayne product. Also convenient since I can't come up with a third one.
Many of you told us you wanted this hat. Many of you gave up on us and already have this hat. Maybe you made it yourself or begged a fiberly-talented friend. But there are those of us not burdened with an overabundance of knitting skills (or crafty friends). What? There were guns to clean, beagles to smuggle, people to intimidate. This hat is for folks like us, to keep us warm in our travels.
We found a vendor with the Firefly license who agreed to make the officially-licensed version of the Jayne hat. Only problem was, they weren't huge fans. Not like us. They knew of the hat, but didn't know the details. So we got to play adviser on this, giving them specs for different parts and picking the colors. One of the tricky things is that the hat in real life is much brighter than it looks in the show because of the lighting in the scene. We started out with the actual colors, and quickly determined that wasn't going to work. It didn't look right. We came to this compromise, which looks like the hat you see on Adam Baldwin in the scene. Sort of like how it's never ice cream when they shoot ice cream for commercials, but if they shot actual ice cream it wouldn't look like itself? That.
Yellow, orange, and red, 100% acrylic laplander. Officially-licensed Firefly merchandise.
- One size fits most. 22" around, unstretched. Stretches to 29".
- 9 1/2" from top to brim. 15" from top to end of earflaps (not counting tassels). Tassels are just over 3". Pompom is 3".
- 100% acrylic.
- Hand wash. Lay flat to dry. Iron on low. Do not bleach.
- Not intended for children 12 and under.