Mega Stomp Panic - Audio Reality Experience
Clip-On, Motion-Powered Sound Effects
- Clip-on, motion-powered sound effects
- Be a robot, zombie, or 8-Bit hero
- 9 sound banks in all (see details below)
We've been dying for a toy that reminds us of those hyped-up TV commercials in the 80s. Something that was just SO DARN COOL that we begged our parents or guardians to call a 1-800 number to order it for us. Something so amazing that we would sit anxiously by the mailbox for 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you remember, though, those toys never turned out as awesome as they looked on TV...
But now WE ARE THE CREATORS OF DREAMS, geek friends. ThinkGeek has invented a totally awesome toy and it's so much better than anything we ever played with as kids. Introducing Mega Stomp Panic, ThinkGeek's Audio Reality Experience.
And what exactly is an Audio Reality Experience? Glad you asked young geekling. Traditional masks are a disguise based upon VISUAL appearance. The Mega Stomp Panic creates an experience using SOUND only. The sounds from the Mega Stomp are synchronized to your steps and stomps, giving the illusion that you are generating them yourself.
But what does it do exactly?
Mega Stomp turns you into something rad, no experience necessary. When you walk, Mega Stomp will make you sound like you're a robot, a zombie, a monster, or even splashing in the rain. Every time you step or stomp, the mega stomp senses your movement and plays an appropriate sound effect to complete the audio illusion.
How do I use it?
Just clip Mega Stomp Panic to your pants, turn it on, and select your sound effect. Then all you need to do is walk and grin until your face freezes that way.
How does it do it?
Using a solid state accelerometer, the Mega Stomp senses the vertical movement of your body every time you take a step. If your body moves more, it assumes you have stomped. Then of course some batteries and a sprinkle of pixie dust are added and voila... an amazing audio based experience.
Can I wear a experience over it?
Sure! As long as you have a waistband to clip Mega Stomp on, you can wear it with anything. Just be aware that Mega Stomp does have a futuristic blue glow. If you don't want that to be seen, put it under your experience.
Of course, regular action shots can't show off the sheer awesome of the Mega Stomp Panic. If you're dying to share your Mega Stomping with the world, upload a video to YouTube and then link it in the comments below.
- Recommended ages: 14+
- Audio fun for cosplay, role-play, or everyday stomping about
- Mega Stomp senses your leg movements when you step or stomp, then plays perfectly timed sound effects to create the audio illusion.
- Each sound environment features different sound effects for stepping vs stomping.
- Supporting background audio sets the mood for each environment.
- How to use it:
- Clip Mega Stomp Panic to your waistband
- Turn it on
- Select your sound bank
- Walk and stomp around, enjoying the mayhem
- Sound banks included:
- Hydraulic Robot (robot walking, crushing things)
- Rainstorm (walking in puddles, splashing in puddles)
- Zombie Attack (squishy walk, dragging a dead limb, zombie attack RAWR!)
- Gigantic Monster (city-squishing monster walk, crushing buildings)
- Gunslinger (walking with boots & spurs, shotgun pump & fire)
- Medieval Knight (walking in plate armor, swords clanging)
- Pegleg Pirate (every other foot is your peg leg!, pistol firing, swords clanging)
- 8-Bit Gaming Hero (video game walk, coin collecting, pew pew!)
- Steampunk Giant Robot (hydraulic robot walking, steam, crushing things)
- Retro Style LED Sound Bank Indicator
- Main box and mini box glow with embedded LEDs
- Patent Pending Technology
- Invented, designed and manufactured by ThinkGeek
- Batteries: 4 AAA