11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Programmable TV Remote
Control your Earth-based TV with this timey wimey device
- Control your TV like The Doctor himself
- Gesture-based universal remote control
- Hand-polished, copper-plated, die cast metal construction
The Sonic Screwdriver Programmable TV Remote lets you feel like a time lord while lounging on your couch eating fish fingers and custard. This Mark VII Sonic Screwdriver is specially created for Earth use. It's been simplified so as not to cause danger to human operators, while still being an extremely powerful tool in the wrangling of entertainment electronics.
This advanced, gesture-based, infrared remote can learn the control codes from almost any regular remote control. Using simple and intuitive movements you will be able to use the Sonic Screwdriver to control your devices just like The Doctor. Rotate clockwise or counterclockwise to adjust the volume on your iPod dock; flick the Sonic Screwdriver up and down to change TV channels or navigate the program guide; and even open your DVD tray by pulling back on the Sonic Screwdriver.
With 13 gestures and 3 memory banks, you can store up to 39 remote control codes on the Sonic Screwdriver: plenty to control all of your Earth-based entertainment equipment. In Control Mode, each gesture triggers a classic Sonic Screwdriver sound effect and the tip illuminates with a bright green light. (There's also a Quiet Mode if you're stealthy.) And because The Doctor doesn't let just anyone use his stuff, there's a Lock Code that allows you to ensure that it's yours... ALL YOURS.
- Control your Earth-based electronics with this timey wimey device
- Fully functioning programmable infrared remote control
- Gesture-based remote uses IR to control entertainment systems (but not RF systems like PS3 or Xbox)
- Store up to 39 programmable gestures over 3 memory banks--that means you can program gestures from just one remote (39 gestures total) or from up to 39 separate remotes (with 1 gesture each)
- Guided setup teaches you how to use the sonic with spoken prompts
- Four modes:
- Practice mode: Learn your gestures
- Control mode: Control your electronics
- Quiet Control mode: Control your electronics, quietly
- FX Mode: 13 authentic special FX sounds from the Doctor Who universe
- Bright illuminating tip lights up and pulses when in standby
- Personal lock code lets you keep the power all to yourself
- Materials: hand-polished die cast metal, ABS plastic, soft-touch plastic, copper plating
- Compatibility: Virtually all home entertainment systems
- In the box, you'll find:
- Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control
- High quality presentation display stand with clear cover
- Full color, illustrated instruction manual
- Batteries: 2x AAA (not included)
- Display case dimensions: approx. 10.8" x 3" x 2.2"
- Sonic screwdriver dimensions: 2.33 x 10-17 light years long
- Weight: 14.8 ounces (0.9 lbs)
Doctor Who logo © BBC 2012. Licensed by BBC WW Ltd