The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pin
A Token from Your District; A Symbol of the Rebellion
- Officially-licensed Hunger Games merchandise!
- Prop-replica brooch with easy-functioning pin back.
- Deemed unusable as a weapon.
She holds out the circular gold pin that was on her dress earlier. I hadn't paid much attention to it before, but now I see it's a small bird in flight.
It's really complicated to turn a book that's told entirely inside the protagonist's head to a movie that'll hold the attention of teenagers. And we have great admiration for the choices that The Hunger Games team made when adapting it for the big screen. For instance, cutting the sponsor gift of the sleep syrup. You can't show someone recognizing a smell on screen, or, at least, not in a way that would be much fun for the audience. But we miss Madge and her pin. Even in the books, we always wanted to hear more about her and and her dad, Mayor Undersee, with the special television set. We like to think they were the good guys.
- Metal with pinch-style butterfly clutch pin back (like a tie tack or Disney trading pin)
- Prop replica of Catching Fire version
- Brushed brass color
- Nearly 1.5" in diameter
- Ages 14 and up