InPulse Smartphone Notification Watch For Android and BlackBerry
Slap on a Smartwatch
- Push emails, SMS, calendar alerts & caller ID
- Customize with filters, fonts, and colors
- Code your own programs with InPulse's SDK
Some would argue that the days of wearing a watch are gone. The noble wristband timepiece has gone the way of the VHS and cassette tape. Why wear a watch when everything you need to know is on the home screen of your smartphone, right?
We'll tell you why you want to wear a watch -- nay, this watch! Now instead of being that guy or gal who is constantly checking a smartphone screen, you can relax and fully pay attention to the world around you and the people in it, knowing that your watch will page you if anything important is happening.
Much like a tiny wrist-bound butler, InPulse will give you a gentle reminder if something on your phone requires your immediate attention. With the InPulse app, you can program your watch to vibrate or show alerts for specific high profile issues. For example, you could care less when your uncle forwards you the latest scam email. (It seems that some folks just don't bother to use Snopes.) But if your boss texts you or your babysitter is calling, you want to know ASAP.
InPulse is fully customizable, so you can set it up in whatever fonts and colors suit your style. Set up which things you want the watch to update you on, and you're ready to rock. But if you're a code monkey (or an aspiring one!), there's an extra perk. InPulse's developer community wants you. The InPulse features an SDK and the developer community is always looking for new friends to help write sweet apps to use with InPulse.
- Smartwatch receives updates from your Android or Blackberry phone
- Push emails, SMS, calendar alerts, and caller ID
- Customize your fonts and colors to suit your mood
- Set filtering options for emails
- Manage notification/vibration profiles
- Manage multiple inboxes
- Simple single button input (no touch screen)
- Downloaded smartwatch apps from Google Play & Blackberry AppWorld
- Charges via micro USB in just 45 minutes
- All Blackberry smartphones from OS 5-7
- Nexus 1, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus
- All Motorola Android phones (i.e. Razr Maxx)
- All Androids running Cyanogenmod
- Not compatible with Stock Samsung and HTC phones or any iPhone.
- Tech Specs:
- 1.26" color OLED display: 96 x 128 pixels
- CSR BC4-ROM Chipset
- NXP LPC2103 ARM7 microprocessor
- 1 MB SPI Flash
- Programmable via Bluetooth to Mac, Linux, Windows
- SDK is similar to Arduino, code in C
- Vibrating motor
- Dimensions: approx. 2" long, 1.5" wide, 0.47" thick