Pixel Time Wall Clock
Keeping time like it's 1989
- Pixellated analog wall clock
- Black and white, 11. 5 inches diameter
- Requires 1 AA Battery (not included)
Back when videogames cost a quarter per play, and nobody had phones in their pockets, geeks would spend their hard earned cash in dimly lit yet brightly colored arcades. The din of bleeps and bloops was hypnotic, and drew passers by within, like some kind of insidious 8-bit pitcher-plant.
Arcades, like Las Vegas casinos, were designed to lure you in and keep you there, so as to keep collecting your coins. No view of the outside world, no clocks, no sense of time at all. It's an elaborate ruse to make you forget that your mom was coming to pick you up promptly at 8.
If there ever was a clock in an arcade parlor, it would totally look like this. 8-bit style with pixellated corners and everything, yet still remain deliciously analog. Little stubby sweep minute and hour hands mark the passage of time, even if Magic Castles makes you think time has stopped.
- Black and white analog wall clock
- Lightweight, appropriate for mounting on cube wall, drywall, or stud
- 8-bit style for that awesome retro look
- 1 Aa battery required (not included)