Periodic BeEr Glass
Better brewing through chemistry
Now you can drink your BeEr in its very own BeEr pint glass. Each glass holds16 oz of your favorite brew, ready to deliver delicious flavor and wonderful, relaxing ethanol. Just remember, drink responsibly. We kinda like having you chuckleheads around.
We're going to bet that you are currently not drinking beer because you're at work, and unlike ThinkGeek World Domination HQ (which has a Beer Fairy), casual imbibing is frowned upon in your office. There, there. It's going to be okay. You know, we have job openings. Just sayin'.
You know what makes us feel better? Learnin' stuff. So let's get to it.
- Despite what this glass suggests, your beer should not contain either beryllium or erbium. If it does, you need to seriously consider switching to another brewer.
- Carlsberg Brewery was the location of Søren Sorensen's work on the pH scale.
- "Skunked" beer is more properly termed "light-struck." When UV light hits beer, it kicks off a chemical reaction, breaking down the isohumulones and creating 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol. It's an organosulfur compound, the same thing a skunk sprays. Good for scaring off predators. Bad for beer.
Beryllium and Erbium printed with their atomic properties in a 16 oz. pint glass.
- Pint glass with Beer spelled with elements of the periodic table
- Better drinking through chemistry, we say
- You don't have to be a chemistry nerd to like beer
- Which is good, because we're totally not chemistry nerds
- Each glass holds 16 oz of your favorite brew
- Hand wash only