Withings WiFi Scale
A Modern Approach to Weight Management
- The first internet enabled body weight scale
- Monitor your weight on a private website or on your smartphone (Android and iOS)
- Multi-user monitoring for up to 8 unique users
Geeks everywhere are suffering from an imbalance. Maybe they eat too much junk, and are shaped more like Jabba than Solo. A few of us are perhaps a little smaller than we should be - and could stand to be a bit more Simon Phoenix-y... in the muscular way and not the insane murder-death-killery way. We all know how to get there. Diet and exercise. Sure, there's also experimental gene therapy, but even if you take that route, you still have to accurately monitor your progress.
Yes, any scientific endeavor has to be properly metered and recorded so that adjustments can be made for optimum results. If the needle on the scale isn't moving in the desired direction fast enough, say, you can increase your workload, or decrease the cheetos. The problem is, your standard bathroom scale is horribly inaccurate, and it's difficult to translate the scribbled weights you've recorded on the back of your Netflix envelope into truly usable data.
Enter the Withings WiFi scale! This gorgeous hunk of glass and aluminum weighs you in kilograms, pounds, or stone with an accuracy of 100 grams. This is all well and good, but what makes this scale so gosh-darned special? WiFi! By giving your scale access to the interwebs, it posts your every weight measurement sample to your own private custom webpage that tracks your body mass and shows you your progress. View your results in tabular or graph form, even on your iPhone using the included iPhone app!
It not only monitors your weight, and BMI - it measures up to 8 total family members on each scale, auto-recognizing each one as they step on the scale. If you or your family are part of an online fitness program, like Weightbot, and Fitburn, it can auto-share your data with those services, expanding your ability to reach your fitness goals!
- Withings model WS-30
- Easy weight monitoring on a private website secured by a password
- Personnalized multi-user monitoring thanks to an automatic user recognition (up to 8 users)
- Free iPhone application to monitor your weight
- Graduation 0.2 lbs (0.1 kg) - 4 sensors, Maximum weight 396 lbs (180 kg)
- Uses 802.11g for extended range and low-power consumption