GeekDad - Geeky Projects for Dads and Kids
DIY with your Kid and/or Dad!
Brimming with endlessly fun and futuristic tidbits on everything from gaming to gadgets, GeekDad helps every tech-savvy father unleash his inner kid-and bond with the next generation of brainiacs.
Today's generation of dads grew up more tech-savvy than ever. Rather than joining the Little League team, many grew up playing computer games, Dungeons and Dragons, and watching Star Wars. Now with kids of their own, these digital-age dads are looking for fresh ways to share their love of science and technology, and help their kids develop a passion for learning and discovery. GeekDad is the book we've been looking for.
Written by the editor of the incredibly popular GeekDad blog on wired.com, GeekDad (the book) is the ultimate, idea-packed guide guaranteed to help dads and kids alike enjoy the magic of playtime together and tap into the infinite possibility of their imagination. With illustrations throughout, this book offers projects for all ages to suit any timeframe or budget. With GeekDad, you and your child can:
- Fly a night-time kite ablaze with lights or launch a video camera with balloons.
- Construct the "Best Slip n' Slide Ever" - a guaranteed thrill ride.
- Build a working lamp with LEGO bricks and CDs.
- Create a customized comic strip or your own board game.
- Transform any room into a spaceship.
- Make geeky crafts like cyborg jack-o'-lanterns or Ethernet cuff links.
- And, of course, loads more!