The classic dice-throwing game with a Mario twist
- First and only Super Mario Yahtzee dice game
- 5 custom Mario dice with power-ups instead of pips
- Custom ? block dice cup
The original Yahtzee came out before we were born. (Our apologies if this makes you feel old.) The fact that it's still around and selling 50 million copies a year is a testament to its great design. For those unfamiliar with the game (seriously, you're out there?), the object of Yahtzee is to score the most points by rolling five dice to make certain combinations. The combinations are similar to hands in poker - two of a kind, three of a kind, etc. You can re-roll the dice up to three times in a turn to try to make a particular combination. The best combination is the Yahtzee, of course. That's five of a kind and earns you 50 points.
Problem is, regular Yahtzee just doesn't look exciting with its plain ol' white and black-pipped dice. Since everything can be made better with bright primary colors and mushrooms, we're bringing you Mario Yahtzee. Shake the dice in the custom ? block and let 'em fly. The first thing you'll notice is that the dice feature power-ups like Coin, Red Mushroom, Fire Flower, Yoshi Egg, and Star. Oh, and the Green Shell, which thankfully doesn't kill you in this game. Mario Yahtzee is played just like the original; it just feels more awesome while you're playing it.
- WARNING: Choking hazard. Small parts. Not for children under 3.
- Recommended for ages 8+
- Players: 1 and up
- Play time: about 30 minute
- Game type: Luck, Probability, Strategy
- ? Dice Cup doubles as a storage box for game pieces
- Custom dice with power-ups instead of pips
- Includes: dice cup, dice, scoring pad, pencil, and instructions