Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer
Retro Musical Droid Arrives... from the Future
- Totally unique music making machine
- Plays sequences, chords, and loops
- Connect several together to create a symphony
If HAL 9000 mated with R2-D2 and their electronic offspring was tutored by Kraftwerk it would probably end up something like the Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer.
At once a minimalist musical plaything and a hardcore old-skool synthesizer, the Bliptronic defies categorization as it belts out 8-Bit style style tunes from its grid of glowing buttons.
You'll notice sound similar to a retro Casiotone with an interface not unlike a simplified Yamaha TENORI-ON... if that makes any sense. Either way, once you start touching the keys of the Bliptronic you'll be hooked by it's simple pattern-based approach to music.
Bliptronic Philosophy... in Regards to Music
In the world of the Bliptronic, creating a song revolves around an ever evolving 4-beat pattern. Each row of vertical buttons represents the notes in one octave. Push a button to turn on a note, push the button again to turn off a note. Push multiple buttons in one vertical row to make a chord. The Bliptronic plays whatever you have selected in sequence horizontally across the display. When it reaches the end of the pattern, it repeats. The genius comes as you modify the pattern by turning notes on and off while the pattern is still looping to create evolving electronic melodies.
Knobs and Buttons, There are Some
In addition to the grid of glowing LED buttons you'll notice some other controls on the Bliptronic. These allow you to set the tempo (From 60-160 BPM), choose the instrument (From 8 different retro-synth type sounds), adjust the volume and turn looping on or off. A big "play" button at the bottom makes the Bliptronic uh... play. If you hit it again it stops. Yep.
The Bliptronic is a Social Butterfly
One Bliptronic is grand, but more Bliptronics are even grander. An infinite number of Bliptronics can be attached together using the link ports and included cables. When one Bliptronic reaches the end of it's pattern, the next Bliptronic is instantly triggered to start playing. This allows you to make longer songs where each person controls a section of the song. You can even set the tempo and instrument differently on each Bliptronic in the chain to achieve unconventional musical results.
- Unusual retro synthesizer is played with a grid of glowing buttons
- Create looping patterns and change them dynamically while playing
- Chain multiple units together and create more complex melodies
- One octave range. 8 notes can be played simultaneously
- 8 different old-skool synth sounding instruments to choose from
- Sounds created using FM waveform synthesis
- Set the BPM (beats per minute) from 60 to 180 in 20 BPM increments
- Built in speaker with headphone jack and line-out jack
- Front panel is constructed from brushed aluminum
- Includes, manual and 2 link cables for connecting additional Bliptronic units
- Requires 4 x AA batteries (not included)
The music snippet at the end of the Bliptronic video below features the excellent track Solid Gold by The Golden Filter