Ethernet Loopback Jack
A jack of the loopback variety
- Use it to test ethernet pairs
- Or to match an outlet on a switch hub with a wall jack
- Small, super portable, easy to use
Have you ever needed to quickly check a network cable for continuity? Locate which switch port corresponds with a particular wall jack? Wanted something on your keyring that shows your geek status? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions then you need the Ethernet Loopback Jack. The Ethernet Loopty what? It's a small RJ-45 modular plug like you'd find in a wall jack. You can connect one end of a network cable to a switch port and the other end to the loopback jack, and if the RX/TX pairs in the cable are good you'll get a link light on the switch. So, this gives you a quick and easy way to test network cabling.
You can also take the loopback jack to a wall outlet and when it's connected the corresponding link light on the switch will come on. This allows you to easily match-up a wall jack with a switch port back in the server room.
The loopback jack has these fine features.
- The loopback jack can be used to test ethernet pairs
- Can also be used to match an outlet on a switch hub with a wall jack
- This jack can be used in conjunction with other ethernet test equipment
- Small, very portable, easy to use
- Comes with small chain for connecting to your keyring, backpack, tool bag, etc.
- Carry it as a symbol of your geek status
- Compatible with Gigabit and 10/100 ethernet