We are experiencing issues that prevent checkout in Internet Explorer 8.

You can browse and even save your cart, but you'll need to use another browser or a different device to place your order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Timmy's 12 Daily Doorbusters - 12 New 24-Hour Deals Every Day ThinkGeek Holiday Giftcade

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $75+

US ECONOMY ONLY • NO CODE • DOESN'T COMBINE WITH OTHER OFFERS

Giant Solar Balloon

Have fun with science in a big way

  • Recommended for kids age 14 and up
  • Huge solar balloon soars in minutes
  • Just add sunshine!
Read more...

n/a

Out of stock

Hey wait! You have choices!

Please pick an item so we can magically put it in your cart.

This product is not available for purchase at this time.

Have fun with science in a big way

We're geeks. We wear black a lot. Even in the summer. It makes us highly emmissive. Not permissive. Actually, we're probably less permissive in this situation, when we're uncomfortably hot. According to Wikipedia the day we wrote this, "Black plastic might have an emissivity of around 0.95, meaning 95 percent of all radiation that hits it will be absorbed, and the remaining 5 percent reflected."

So if you go out on a cool, sunny day, fill a 50 ft. long black plastic balloon with air, and wait for its emmisiveness to heat the air inside, you will be suitably impressed. But, of course, nobody HAS 50 ft. of black plastic to make a balloon out of. Except you, now. With the Giant Solar Balloon, you can have fun with science in a big way. Just be sure you've tied on your 400 ft. of tether before you get it aloft. Otherwise you will be 50 ft. of sad.

Product Specifications

  • Recommended for kids age 14 and up
  • WARNING - To avoid danger of suffocation, keep this plastic bag away from babies and children. Do not use this bag in cribs, beds, carriages, or play pens. This bag is not a toy.
  • Huge solar balloon soars in minutes
  • Just add sunshine!
  • Demonstrates buoyancy, convection, thermodynamics, and solar power
  • Teaches Bernoulli's Principle and Pascal's Principle
  • Materials: Thin black plastic
  • Dimensions: 50 ft. long x 29" diameter balloon
  • Includes a 50' long balloon, 400' of twine, and instructions
  • Made in the USA

Giant Solar Balloon Video:

Wanna chat about it?

Have questions about Giant Solar Balloon or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.

Timmy and the TG Staff think you'll like...

Customer Action Shots

Send us your action shots!

Your Fellow Smart Masses Also Bought