Backpack of Holding
Now that's a handy haversack
- A proper Backpack of Holding for all your stuff
- Carry All The Things!
- Who doesn't need some non-dimensional space?
We've had a Backpack of Holding for a while now. It was basically our Bag of Holding with backpack straps. We were making do with what we had. You know, sort of like how you have your 10 ft. pole and your rope and you ask your GM if you can make a fishing pole out of that.
But in the background, our merchant who's obsessed with bags was busy deep in Dwarven caverns, forging a new, better Backpack of Holding.
Behold. The Backpack of Holding! (2.0. Or maybe 1.0, because the previous backpack was really the Bag of Holding 1.2.) (Moving on.) The first thing you'll notice is that it's an inch or two bigger all directions than your typical JanSport-style backpack. And, as anybody who understands geometry can tell you, an inch or two in each direction makes a world of difference in terms of volume. But wait. There's more. The top flap isn't just a flap. It's actually part of the bag, which means you can unfold it to get another half a foot of height out of the bag. And it's entirely useable in that format. It just doesn't seal, which means it's great for toting your rolled-up posters, your cosplay sword when you're not in character, or your Quidditch broom. Just be careful with those doorframes.
- Brown canvas backpack, designed and made by ThinkGeek!
- Chrome d20 badge with "Backpack of Holding" proudly printed on the flap
- 2 3/4" wide shoulder straps with mesh back for wicking adjust from 19" to 36"
- Top handle for easy grab-and-go
- Flap doubles as top of bag & can be unfolded to bring bag up to 2 ft. tall
- Flap closes with 2 leather-reinforced, nylon quick-release buckles
- Snaps on side of flap keep it in check
- Edges of flap/bag reinforced with bias tape
- External Dimensions: 18" tall x 16" wide x 7" deep (24" tall with top of bag unfolded)
- Main compartment: 17 1/2" tall x 11" wide x 5" deep
- Padded tablet sleeve with hook and loop closure (inside main compartment): 12" tall x 10 1/2" wide x 1" deep (if you choose not to use the closure, this compartment could hold an object up to 17" tall in standard backpack formation or 23" tall with top of bag unfolded)
- Four pockets (inside main compartment) to hold pens, phone, lipbalm, etc. (no closure, for use only when top of bag is unfolded)
- 1 zippered front compartment: 9" wide x 6 1/2" tall x 1 1/2" deep
- 2 zippered side pockets: 4 1/2" wide x 7 3/4" high x 1 1/2" deep
- Reinforced bottom
- Materials: Canvas
- Water-resistant but not waterproof
- Care Instructions: Spot clean with a damp cloth and mild detergent
|Laptop Fitting Guide|
|Measure your laptop.|
Like TVs, laptops are listed by their measurement on the diagonal. Bags, on the other hand, are measured on the edges. Not all 17" laptops are the same size, so you'll need to measure the length & width of your closed laptop.
"But my laptop is at home, ThinkGeek!"
If you can't wait, Google has superpowers to tell you the dimensions of your laptop if you ask it nicely. Just input the make and model of your laptop and ye shall receive.
"I've got the measurements! Now what?"
Compare your laptop's measurements to the measurements of the bag. If the laptop's measurements are smaller than the bag, it fits! If one or more of the laptop's measurements are bigger, you're out of luck with this bag. Try another.