Little Big Time Wall Clock
Synecdoche in motion
- Minimalist wall clock with no numbers
- Sleek and stylish
- Fits into a 17 1/2" circular space
Here's a word you haven't heard since high school (or since last week if you're still in high school) - synecdoche. Oh man. Figures of speech? You're making me face figures of speech again, ThinkGeek? Indeed we are. Because you never thought you'd encounter synecdoche in the real world. And now you have.
You see this Little Big Time Mini Wall Clock is a great example of synecdoche. It is very literally a part of a clock substituting for the whole - only the bits you actually need for the clock to perform its purpose, which is to tell you what time it is. So that part substitutes successfully for the whole as long as you're not looking to be super-specific on the minutes. It's a perfect meeting room clock since meetings never start or end exactly on time, but exist in this weird liminal space. And with that we're going to move on to the product specs and stop talking at you.
- Little Big Time Mini wall clock
- Quartz movement
- Materials: Aluminum
- Batteries: 1 AA battery (not included)
- Dimensions: 3 1/2" diameter base, 8 3/4" radius minute hand (so you need a 17 1/2" round space to hang it)
- Basic wall anchor and screw included
- Weight: 3 oz.