DIY Pen Kit
Just add heat
- Build your pen and then cover it in heat shrink tubing
- Add heat and watch the tubing shrink to form the pen's "skin"
- Nothing beats a pen you make yourself!
Many things in life are better when you build them yourself. Normally the parts are better quality and the sense of accomplishment you get when you complete the build connects you in a deeper way to the construction in question. We love DIY - and we love pens, too. Adding ink to paper and forming words of our choosing is like magic. Put both of these loves together, and we present to you the DIY Pen Kit.
Each DIY Pen Kit starts off as a flat card of birch plywood and some pen bits. Cut the wood parts out and you'll quickly be assembling the skeleton and guts of your pen. And here's the cool part: slip the skele-guts into the heat shrink tubing and, using your own hairdryer or heat gun, shrink that tubing! It'll form a tight skin around the pen. Then, all you have to do it show your DIY Pen Kit off to everyone. They'll be jealous.
- For Ages 16 and up
- Make your own retractable-tip pen with this neato kit
- Wood makes the skeleton and heat shrink tubing makes the skin
- Designed by Studio Fraser Ross from Glasgow, Scotland
- Replaceable Ink: Parker-style ink gel refill (1 x black ink cartridge included)
- Tools Needed: heat gun or hairdryer and hobby knife (not included)
- Materials: birch plywood, black heat shrink rubber, plastic, chrome pen parts, ink cartridge
- Includes: 22 pen pieces, extra stand pieces, and instructions
- Dimensions: approx. 0.9" diameter (at its thickest) x 5.5" long