Despair, Inc. 2014 Custom Calendar
The perfect calendar for rocket scientists and burger flippers
- Demotivating designs and geeky dates
- "Holidays" submitted by ThinkGeek fans - YOU!
- We're the only place you can find this
We've teamed up with the geniuses at Despair, Inc. again to bring you a totally demotivating and hilarious 2014 calendar. You'll get a different Demotivator each month (see below) as well as important dates in geek history. Impress your friends with your geeky trivia knowledge! Never forget Talk Like A Pirate Day again! Send @wilw a Happy Birthday tweet right on time! The superpowers you will gain from having this calendar cannot possibly fit in one paragraph. Keep it for yourself or give it to that geek in your life who has everything but still finds stuff to complain about. They'll love it but pretend to hate it. That's just how they roll.
Some sample dates of import:
- January 12, 2025: KV Day. Kaiju Victory Day - end of the 12 year Kaiju War.
- February 12: Darwin Day. Celebrate science by acting like your chimp ancestor.
- March 14: Pi Day. We make pie to celebrate.
- April 10, 2014: Palindrome Day. Go ahead; read the date backwards.
- May 4: May the 4th be with you.
- June 3, 2122: USCSS Nostromo receives a distress signal from the planetoid LV-426.
- July 11, 2013: Sharknado Day. The day Sharknado was unleashed on the world.
- August 20, 1890: HP Lovecraft's Spawning Day.
- September 19: International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
- October 18, 1985: Nintendo releases the NES in North America, singlehandedly saving the video game industry.
- November 5, 1605: Guy Fawkes Day. Remember remember, the fifth of November.
- December 10,1815: Ada Lovelace Day.
- And dozens and dozens more!
Includes the following Demotivator designs:
- Foresight: Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those busy proving them right.
- Knowledge: I believe that children are our future. And that terrifies me.
- Insignificance: If you think it's lonely at the top, just wait 'til you try the bottom.
- Taxes: You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you can get what you need taken from you by the government.
- Attitude: Your attitude determines your altitude about as much as that platitude inspires my gratitude.
- Multitasking: The art of doing twice as much as you should half as well as you could.
- Aspiration: I hear the call to do nothing and am doing my best to answer it.
- Commitment: You don't have to be crazy to work here, but if you are, you'll be taken care of.
- Results: Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to achieve uncommon results, provided they don't mind you calling them "common people".
- Platitudes: Those who do not learn from cliches are destined to repeat them.
- Destiny: Even the most ambitious little pebble will never grow up to be a big rock.
- Positivity: If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands. And put your face between 'em when you do. You'll save me a lot of trouble. Thanks.