Tiles of Infinity - Infinite Geometric Patterns
The Geometry of Fun
- Foam magnetic shapes based on Penrose Tiles
- Contains 100 tiles in blue and yellow
- Recommended for kids ages 4 and up
In the real world, very infrequently is there just one way to solve a puzzle. But most of the puzzles we give our kids are exactly that. Give them a puzzle that makes them think outside that cardboard box with these Tiles of Infinity.
The Tiles of Infinity are actually small Penrose tiles, "a pair of shapes that tile the plane only aperiodically," according to Wolfram Alpha. Whether or not you recognize the name, you'll recognize the patterns they make from inlaid floors and kaleidoscopes. The golden ratio is built into their measurements, too, so you may recognize patterns from nature.
Made from foam and with magnets on the back, Tiles of Infinity are a tactile way to get children into the underlying fundamentals of math. Even if they can't actually express them, kids will begin to comprehend the concepts as they manipulate striking patterns over and over again.
- For ages 4 and up
- WARNING - SMALL PARTS - Not intended for children under 3 years of age
- Magnetic Penrose Tiles encourage children to play with patterns
- Teaches kids fundamental mathematical concepts hands-on
- Contains 100 pieces in blue and yellow (50 kite and 50 dart)
- Comes in a silicone pouch with a wrist strap
- Use them on the fridge, white boards, or any other magnetic surface
- Materials: foam, magnets
- Dimensions: each tile is 1/3" thick
- Weight: 4 oz.