Dice+ Bluetooth Multi-Function Gaming Controller
No bones about it
- Six-sided die turns your tablet into a virtual game board
- Compatible with Bluetooth 2.1+ devices
- Has a proximity sensor, magnetic field sensor, and accelerometer
We live in a digital world most of the time, but when it comes to our tabletop games, there's just something special about the visceral feeling of rolling a die that we can't duplicate with an online tool. We really need to roll the dice, like the folks who have to pull the arm on computerized slot machines. Our random needs a physical element.
Dice+ is quite literally a smart d6. It links to your tablet via Bluetooth and turns your tablet into a gameboard. No more chunky boxes stacked on shelves. Or, well, no more chunky boxes once more games are developed for it. Right now Dice+ has a half a dozen free games it can interface with, including a version of backgammon, parcheesi, and Twister for your fingers. It uses its smart capabilities cleverly; in some games the die indicates via color whose turn it is. Hopefully there will be more games compatible soon because there's an SDK available, plus promises of an RPG coming out later this year.
We're ready for our full suite of gaming Dice+ that'll allow our tablets figure out damage and whatnot while we're in the heat of battle so we can focus on our strategy for crushing the kobolds, which is generally, "Get 'em!" (It works.)
- Six-sided die that connects via Bluetooth and turns your tablet into a virtual game board
- Compatible with Bluetooth 2.1+ devices (includes iPad 3+, iPad mini, Android devices with OS Ice Cream Sandwich+; full list of tablets here)
- Also has Bluetooth 4.0
- Has a proximity sensor, magnetic field sensor, and accelerometer built in
- Bluetooth range: 15 ft.
- Turns off automatically when idle for >2 minutes to conserve battery
- Die is properly weighted; has built-in cheating detection
- Free games currently compatible: Backgammon, Chuchumba, Heroes (Parcheesi), Rainbow Jack, Rumble Stumble (Twister for your fingers), and This Way Up
- Up to 7 dice can play together, but you only need one Dice+ to play any of the current games with a group of up to 4 people
- In certain games, LED will flash the appropriate color for the player whose turn it is
- SDK available
- Batteries: Rechargeable (charge lasts ~20 hours of play, charges via standard micro USB, cable included)
- Charging takes ~2 hours
- Dimensions: 1" cube
- Weight: .06 oz.
- Includes Dice+, quick start manual, micro USB charging cable, and carrying pouch
- Ages 3+