Power Practical Meter and Fast Charge Cable
Because not all USB ports were created equal
- Power tool set for USB charging
- Figure out which of your cables are good and which of your ports are charging at full power
- Speed up the problems with a Fast Charge 3-in-1 Cable
Fifteen minutes before you have to leave the house, you realize your phone's battery is almost dead. You plug it up right away, but how do you know where to plug it to get the maximum juice in the minimum time? Laptop? Wall? USB hub? Instead of guessing, be sure with the Power Practical Meter.
You see, one of the problems is that there are different standards for putting a full 5-watts into a USB device. The Practical Power Meter fits inline with any USB port. 5 LEDs on the front cover the range of phone charging possibilities, in 1 watt intervals, rounding up. A red LED indicator lets you monitor over 5 watts of throughput to your larger devices like iPads and tablets.
Yes, yes. Knowledge is power, but doing something with the knowledge is what counts. What if you knew you could be charging at 5 watts, but the Practical Meter indicates you've encountered a 2.5 watt limiter on your charging port or the cable itself? That's where the Fast Charge 3-in-1 Cable comes in. It has a built-in circuit that lets you override the limiter. At a 2 amp maximum, it comes with adapters for 30-pin (all iPhone 4S & earlier, iPad 3rd gen & earlier, iPods made before 2012), USB Micro (most Android devices), and USB Mini (GoPro, Motorola). Have an iPhone 5 or other Lightning connector device? Use your practical meter to see which of your cables are actually giving you the juice you need.
It's a power tool set. Find the problems. Fix them.
Power Practical Meter Specifications
- Meter fits inline with any USB port
- Lets you quickly check which of your cables are good and which of your ports are charging at full power - especially for devices with proprietary cables where you might have bought an aftermarket part
- Comes with Fast Charge 3-in-1 Cable
- Monitor the charge output on your desktop, laptop, wall outlet, car charger, even solar panels
- Monitor the charge input on any USB-charged device (up to 10W), including smart phones, tablets, iPads, mp3 players, cameras, and rechargeable batteries
- Meters from 1-10W in 1W intervals
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5W
- Meter itself draws .1W max
- I/O: USB Male/Female
- Dimensions: 1.75" x 0.75" x 0.35"
- Weight: .3 oz.
Fast Charge 3-in-1 Cable Specifications
- Override device power limitations through circuits built-in to 3-in-1 cable
- Output: 10W on USB 3.0
- Connectors: 30-pin (all iPhone 4S & earlier, iPad 3rd gen & earlier, iPods made before 2012), USB Micro (most Android devices), and USB Mini (GoPro, Motorola)
- Charge multiple devices at once
- Cable does not transfer data
- Dimensions: 8.5" long
- Weight: .4 oz.