Kiwi 2 Bluetooth Android Phone Car Diagnostic/ Performance Kit
Check Engine? WTF does that mean?
- Connect your Android device to your car wirelessly
- Run diagnostics, check fuel economy, tons more
- Works on any vehicle model 1996 or newer
If you're not a car geek, the light that says "CHECK ENGINE" might as well say "PC LOAD LETTER." Sure, we can open the hood and verify that indeed, the engine is still present, but beyond that, we're a little lost. Best we can do is drive it to the garage and hope that we don't get totally bamboozled by the mechanic again. We already bought the anti-unicorn disinfectant treatment once! It's supposed to protect the air filter from glitter for life, right?
The Kiwi 2 Bluetooth Android Phone Car Diagnostic/Performance Kit is a plug and play wireless device that connects to your car's OBDII port (right below the steering wheel). Kiwi 2 Bluetooth comes attached with a 3 ft OBDII cable for cleaner installation (previous version had 6 ft.). It also comes with a power switch built-in to prevent the need for having to constantly disconnect your unit from the OBDII port, and a new power saving circuit allows the device to enter a low-power sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity. The 2 also has an 8-pin port on the back designed to be mated with the PLX iMFD Adapter to allow connection to high-performance aftermarket sensors. And the 2 has improved antenna performance over the previous version.
You can use it in any vehicle born in 1996 or later, whether it's a sedan, truck, SUV, or even a hybrid. Once the device is connected, you can download one of half a dozen recommended car diagnostics apps from Google Play and begin to monitor all sorts of stats about your car. Next time you go into the mechanic, you'll avoid the unicorn charge. That's for sure!
- Wirelessly connect your car to your Android device (also Smybian, N9, Linux, or PC)
- Multiple compatible applications from Google Play work with Kiwi 2 Bluetooth
- Compatible Vehicles: 1996 and later
- Monitor: Fuel efficiency, check engine trouble codes, real time gauges, horsepower and torque, and more
- New features in the 2: iMFD Aftermarket Sensor Interface, Power Saving Circuit, improved antenna performance, and shorter cable for cleaner permanent installation
- Comes with user manual
- OBDII/CAN Protocols: ISO-9141, VPW, PWM, KWP 2000, 11-Bit CAN, 29Bit CAN
- Wireless Standard: Bluetooth versions 2.1/2.0/1.2/1.1
- Range: 50 ft (Line of sight)
- Power Consumption: 1.24 Watts (in-use), 0.1 Watt (sleep mode)
- Dimensions: 2 3/4" long x 1 1/4 high x 3/5" deep, 3" long cable
- Kiwi SDK available