- Instant table and blanket in one for on-the-go occasions
- Not just for tailgating and picnics
- Even includes stakes for windy days
When we first saw this product, we were skeptical. The intersection of the Venn diagram of geeks with people who enjoy being outside doing things like picnicking or tailgating is slim on the best day.
But then the merchant who found it pointed out to us that geeks do have certain hobbies that are typically enjoyed outside. For instance, we like outdoor concerts. We like LARPing and events like Pennsic and historical reenactments. You know, we even think we'd enjoy tabletop gaming in the fresh air if we could stay out of the sun.
The problem with gaming outside is that you've either got to transport furniture outside or you have to sit on the ground which makes for inconsistent dice rolling and being bitten by Ants, Giant (Fire). (Two of ThinkGeek's D&D players are from Texas. We know ants.)
But with the Tablanket, the only ants we randomly encounter will be NPCs. Tablanket is a 6 1/2 foot square, fleece picnic blanket and a 2 foot square elevated tabletop that folds up to just 1 foot by 2 feet with a convenient shoulder strap, making it perfect for taking with you almost anywhere. Waiting in line for a movie premiere? Sitting on the lawn for a concert? Queueing up for the next iPhone? And yes, it still works for more traditional activities like dining al fresco, watching a parade, and camping.
- Table and blanket in one for on-the-go occasions
- 2-layer blanket, fleece with water-resistant backing
- Comes with two integrated cupholders, shoulder strap, and 4 stakes for windy days (blanket has grommets)
- Care: Blanket unzips from table; machine wash and tumble dry
- Materials: Aluminum and polyester
- Dimensions: closed 24" long x 12" high x 4" thick / open 6 1/2' x 6 1/2' blanket, 2' x 2' tabletop with 8" legs
- Weight: 10 lbs.